Recently Paytm has crossed the 100 million milestone on Google Play Store. To be exact, in the second week of December 2017. This makes Paytm, India’s first payments app to cross the 100 million downloads mark.
Paytm’s vision is to become a mobile-first financial services company, which offers banking, lending, insurance, and payments. Paytm also allows users to do online recharges and bill payments, book movie tickets, do travel bookings among others. Paytm has become the one stop payments app in the country today, allowing users to scan its QR code and pay at large merchants, grocery and kirana stores, milk-booths, local taxi/autos fares, petrol pumps, multiplexes, restaurants and more.
Over 28 Crore Indians trust Paytm to transfer money to each other. Sending money using Paytm is instant and free — any Paytm user can use their platform to send money to each other.
How to send money to friends using Paytm
- Scan the recipient’s QR code or enter their mobile number in the ‘Pay’ option of your Paytm app.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and tap on ‘Pay’.
- Your money will be instantly transferred from your Paytm Wallet to the recipient’s Wallet.
Paytm is currently running a promotional offer where every Paytm user will get assured cashback every time they send money. A user can earn up to Rs.500 cashback everyday!
The step by step procedure to send money to friends using paytm is given below.
1. Open the Paytm App & tap on ‘Send Money’ icon
2. Enter the details (Type in the phone number or select from your phonebook, amount to be sent, comments if required) & tap on ‘Proceed’.
3. Confirm details before sending money
4. You’ll see a ‘Success’ message once your transaction is complete
5. The receiver will receive a message on his/her mobile number, showing a successful transfer
Note from Paytm: Cash back will get credited within 30 minutes, please check your passbook after sending money.
Paytm app is available in Android, iPhone, Windows and Blackberry OS. You can download Paytm apps from respective App Stores.
Paytm is a mobile payments and commerce platform. It started with online mobile recharge and bill payments and has an online marketplace today. In a short span of time, they have scaled to over 250 Mn registered users. Paytm is the consumer brand of mobile internet company One97 Communications. One97’s investors include SoftBank, SAIF Partners, Alibaba Group, Ant Financial (Alipay) and Mediatek.
In case of any queries, write to paytm.com/care OR reach out to customer help line 9643–979797 for further support.