India’s leading telecommunication service provider Airtel and ecommerce giant Amazon join hands to offer one year of Amazon Prime membership with Airtel Infinity Postpaid Plans. Under a first of its kind offer in India, new and existing Airtel Postpaid customers with an Infinity plan of Rs. 499 or above will get a one year Amazon Prime membership, worth Rs.999 and includes unlimited access to Amazon Prime Video, as part of their plan benefits (at no additional cost).
Customers can watch and enjoy Amazon Prime Video and have access to over 11 million Prime eligible products, early & exclusive deals, special discounts and more, while shopping on Amazon.in – all as part of the Prime membership provided with their postpaid plan. The offer for one year of Amazon Prime is activated exclusively through the Airtel TV app. Access to Prime Video is available after downloading the Prime Video app on supported devices to begin streaming a broad selection of the latest and exclusive movies, TV shows, stand-up comedies, kids’ programming and Amazon Prime Originals.
“We are thrilled to come together with Airtel to make Amazon Prime benefits directly available to more customers,” said Akshay Sahi, Director and Head of Amazon Prime India. “This move enables seamless access to Amazon Prime for Airtel Postpaid customers, providing a world of new video streaming content and more. We think subscribers will love the many benefits of Prime, including the latest binge-worthy Amazon Prime Video content, unlimited free fast delivery on millions of items, exclusive deals on top products, and more.”
Sameer Batra, CEO – Wynk said, “This partnership is a major milestone in Airtel’s endeavour to build a world-class content platform. With Airtel TV, we are stepping up the value proposition and offering a complete digital entertainment experience to our Postpaid and Home Broadband users. By making Prime Video available to our customers for a year at no additional cost, Airtel TV is now able to offer one of the largest and most exciting entertainment experiences. We look forward to working with Amazon to delight customers with great benefits backed by a seamless experience.”
Vijay Subramaniam, Director, Content, Amazon Prime Video India, said, “We are delighted to associate with Airtel to bring Prime membership to Airtel’s consumers. At Amazon Prime Video, we are focused on bringing the latest and exclusive content to India. This exclusive offer enables us to reach Airtel’s significant customer base across the country, providing entertainment – anytime, anywhere on a reliable service, with great playback quality and low data usage.”
How to avail one year free Amazon Prime membership on your Airtel subscribed smartphone?
1. Upgrade to Rs.499 or above Airtel Infinity Postpaid plans, which come with large bundles of data, unlimited Local, STD and National Roaming calls, data rollover (up to 200 GB), and device protection.
2. Download the Airtel TV app from the App Store or Google Play airtel.tv/amazon. Open the Airtel TV app and click on the special Airtel – Amazon digital card (available only to eligible Airtel customers).
3. Signup for Amazon Prime by registering a phone number and password – no credit card or additional information required since customers receive this at no additional cost from Airtel.
4. Download the Prime Video app and begin streaming a broad selection of the latest and exclusive movies, TV shows, stand-up comedies, kids’ programming and Amazon Prime Originals.
Airtel V-Fiber Broadband customers are also eligible for Amazon Prime membership benefits. They simply need to download the Airtel TV app on their registered mobile number and follow the steps described above.
What are the benefits of Amazon Prime?
All Amazon Prime members receive multiple benefits including FREE one-day/two-day delivery, FREE Standard delivery, discounted same-day/morning delivery at Rs.50, scheduled delivery at Rs.50 for Prime eligible items, along with early/exclusive access to lightning deals.
- FREE One-Day Delivery to eligible addresses.
- FREE Two-Day delivery to eligible addresses.
- Discounted Same-Day Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
- Discounted Morning Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
- Discounted Scheduled Delivery to eligible addresses at Rs.50.
- No minimum order value required for FREE Standard Delivery.
- Prime Early Access– Get early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.in.
- Prime Exclusive Deals – Get exclusive Lightning Deals and Deals of the Day for Prime members on Amazon.in
- Prime Video– Get unlimited video streaming of latest movies, award-winning Amazon originals and TV shows from India and around the world. For more details, go to About Prime Video.
- Amazon Family offers– These include 15% off Subscribe & Save diaper subscriptions and 15% off eligible products from your Baby Wish List. For more information, go to Get 15% off Diaper Subscriptions.
Items eligible for Prime delivery benefits (free One-Day, Two-Day and Standard Delivery) are clearly marked. Just look for next to products when you search. Choose the Prime logo filter to view Prime items only.
Prime offers a safe and convenient shopping experience on items and items fulfilled by qualified sellers who meet our high delivery performance standards.
For Amazon prime members, the sale starts at 12 noon, 20th Jan onwards. Check out the prime deals here.