5 steps finding your path to BA
1. Build your BA knowledge
2. Identify your BA experiences
3. Identify your leverage points
4. Build a development plan
5. Focus your opportunity search
6. Network with other business analysts and find out what they do day-to-day. This will give you a good idea of what the profession is all about. Consider attending some IIBA chapter meetings in your area.
7. Consider getting an MBA from a reputable bschool.
Remember there is no one path to becoming a Business Analyst.
Read this blog to get more insights to becoming a business analyst. Five Steps to Becoming a Business Analyst
Here’s a skill matrix needed for business analysts mostly in IT industry. This will cover the skills needed for BA who is in IT domain. This might be helpful if you want to be a BA in software industry. But most of these skills will be similar across domains.