If you are an individual earning more than 5,00,000 INR, then you must file your tax returns before August 5th 2013. Just follow these steps and file your taxes online.
How to efile:
Steps to file offline:
1. Download the applicable ITR (Income Tax Return) form
2. Fill it offline as per your Form 16 (Dont forget to enable the macros and validate the form after each page is filled)
3. Generate XML
4. Register on d-Filing website using your PAN card
5. Login to the portal
6. Go to eFile link – Upload Return
7. Once successfully uploaded, click to view returns/forms, click on the ack number and download ITR-V Acknowledgement
8. Send ITR-V to Income Tax Department CPC by post or courier within 120 days from date of transmitting the data electronically
Login to prepare and submit ITR online.
Which ITR should i use?
If you are an individual whose total income for the assessment year 2013-14 includes:-
- Income from salary or pension
- Income from one house property (excluding cases where loss is brought forward from previous years)
- Income from other sources (excluding winning from lottery and income from race horses)
you should use ITR-1 form for efiling your tax returns.
Checklist of documents and pre requisites:
- A copy of last years tax return
- Bank Statement
- TDS Certificates
- Savings Certificates/Deductions
- Interest statement showing interest paid to you throughout the year
To know your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer, click here and enter you PAN number. This will help you to fill your Income Tax Ward/Circle in the ITR form.