India’s largest eCommerce company, Flipkart has launched an exclusive scheme for students. Flipkart Students offers benefits to students all over India for their purchases on Flipkart.com.
Anyone with an official college student ID card can subscribe to exclusive student-only offers. If you are a student, you just need to take a picture/scan of your college ID card and email the picture/scan to firstname.lastname@example.org in jpeg format. Once your email is verified, you will get an acknowledgement of your subscription and log on to Flipkart to redeem the exclusive student-only offers.
Offers will be activated for verified IDs within 3 working days.
What’s there for you?
- Exclusive Signup offer – Rs 150 off on purchase above Rs 750
- 50% off on Flipkart First Annual Membership
- Extra 5% on Bestselling Mobile Phones. View Products (Valid till July 15th 2014)
- Extra 5% on Sunglasses ,Watches, Bags, Belts. View Products (Valid till July 15th 2014)
- Extra 10% on Powerbanks View Products (Valid till July 15th 2014)
- Extra 500/- off on Bestselling Tablets View Products (Valid till July 15th 2014)
- Minimum Rs 1,299/- extra off on Laptops View Products (Valid till Sept 30th 2014)
- Extra 5% on Books, Sports, Stationery, Clothing and Footwear. View Products (Valid till Sept 30th 2014)
- Extra 10% on Trimmers & Shavers, Hair Care Appliances. View Products (Valid till Sept 30th 2014)
- Extra 10% off on Laptop Accessories, Headphones and MP3 Players View Products (Valid till Sept 30th 2014)
Flipkart has raised $750 million to date and faces stiff competition from companies like Amazon and Snapdeal in India’s rapidly growing eCommerce market.
Flipkart Students is in line with Amazon Student which Amazon has launched in US and UK. Amazon Student offers free two-day shipping along with benefits like deals and promotions exclusively for Students, $10 referral credit, unlimited instant streaming, borrow free kindle books, unlimited music streaming for college students.
Flipkart is in talks with investors for raising additional $500 mn before their US listing planned next year. (Economic Times Report)
Hope Flipkart beats Amazon in India who is steadily making their presence in Indian Market. As far as Amazon is considered they have the experience of operating in larger markets and a well-developed back-end support team to provide data and insights into customer buying behaviour. Amazon might come up with better offers for the Indian market in the near future.
So in this booming eCommerce space, the ultimate winner will be the customers who purchases online and might get some good deals. Who knows there lies a future where everything can be bought online and we might even forget the presence of a physical retail store!