The train travelling consumer app RailYatri.in, has raised fresh funding from existing investors including Nandan Nilekani, Helion Ventures, Omidyar Ventures and Blume Ventures. This funding round comes on the back of the round which the company has raised in March this year.
Founded in 2011 by Manish Rathi, Kapil Raizada and Sachin Saxena, RailYatri aims to simplify rail travels.
Speaking on the occasion, Manish Rathi, CEO and co-founder, RailYatri mentioned, “We have witnessed an unprecedented organic growth over the last several months and are quickly moving in the direction of becoming the largest travel app in the country. In many ways, such an enthusiastic participation from our investors revalidates our strong value proposition to the largest travel segment in India. Over the next 12 months we plan to establish RailYatri as a household name across the country.”
Nandan Nilekani, former Chairman, UIDAI, mentioned, “My ongoing interactions with the extended RailYatri team has made me all the more excited about the impact which RailYatri can bring in using smart combination of mobile, data, payments and analytics to the common man in India. Their prediction algorithms are already delivering time & money savings for the travellers.”
With over 23.9 million passengers traveling and commuting daily by train, RailYatri aims to serve its passengers with inclusive and comprehensive information that helps those making informed decisions, thus simplifying their train travels. RailYatri.in is a premier portal for Indian Railways train travellers. A comprehensive hub of train travel information that dedicatedly works to give its users insightful information, all under one roof, to help them plan and take their train travel decisions in a better way.
RailYatri has been awarded and recognized as one of the best travel and tourism apps of 2014. RailYatri has won the mBillionth South Asia Award and has also bagged the Best Utility Award in the Vodafone Appstar contest.
RailYatri helps you in the following:
- PNR status information with Confirmation Probability.
- Live Train Status, but with real time GPS Location mechanism that makes the experience fun and fascinating.
- Time table of trains with Offline time table feature, so that one may check it without Internet connectivity.
- You can avoid the delayed trains by studying the running time statistics of the trains between two stations.
- If you are a daily commuter through local trains and metros, find all the information in the RailYatri.
- Fantasy and fun: Get to know the real time speed of your train and various trivia’s about Indian Railways and the stations.
- Live Trip Sharing.
You can access RailYatri through their website https://www.railyatri.in/.