Samsung India has launched Samsung E.D.G.E., a first-of-its-kind campus program, to provide a platform that gives the country’s brightest students at leading B-schools and engineering colleges an opportunity to get a head-start in their careers. The program is designed to engage with leading B-school and engineering talent across India. As part of the program, students will get an opportunity to interact with the leadership team at Samsung, work on real-world business problems and come up with their unique solutions.
The winning teams will get a cash prize along with a potential opportunity to work with Samsung.
The Samsung E.D.G.E. program consists of three rounds. In the Campus Round, team members will come together, ideate and put up an executive case summary. Post evaluation, three teams per campus will be shortlisted for the Zonal Round in which all the teams will closely work on the case study and will submit and present their unique solutions. The final 12 teams will battle it out in the National Round after which the three winning teams will be announced.
“Samsung always strives to encourage the best talent and nurtures the spirit of innovation. Samsung E.D.G.E. will provide us a platform to directly interact and engage with some of the brightest minds in leading B-schools and engineering colleges. We are confident we will gain valuable insights through this engagement,” said Udaiy Khanna, Vice President – Human Resources, Samsung India.
- The registered teams may choose to work on any one of the cases basis their interest
- Teams will be expected to research, analyse, brainstorm & formulate the most innovative approach.
- This stage requires teams to submit the executive summary which broadly defines the strategy proposed
- Teams will be required to present the strategy in one of the following formats and upload the same within specified timelines
- A one page word write-up (Font: Arial, Font size: 10, Line Spacing: 1) OR
- 2 slides presentation
- All entries received will be evaluated by our jury consisting of Samsung’s leaders & managers
- The submissions would be adjudged basis the quality of analysis & strength of the strategy proposed
- The jury will shortlist top college teams to represent their institute in the Zonal Round
- A Samsung case will be given to the teams qualifying the Campus Round
- The case study can be downloaded from our microsite www.samsung.com/in/microsite/edge-program and submitted as per the defined timelines
- Teams will be invited to present their plan to our business leaders at assigned locations
- Teams are required to make a 10 minute presentation to support their modus operandi of analysis & demonstrate solutions vis-à-vis implementation, followed by a Q&A round with the panel
- The teams can include other creative formats along with the presentation
- The panel will evaluate each team keeping the following things in consideration:
- Case, Business & Situation Analysis
- Clarity of Ideas/Out-of-the-box thinking
- Ease of Implementation
- Supporting Analytics
- Financial Viability/ROI
- Quality of Presentation
- For this round, teams may be required to travel (more information on this will be shared closer to the Zonal Round dates)
- The teams will get a chance to be a part of the Grand Finale at Gurgaon & meet the Samsung Leadership Team.
- The Zonal Round winners will be invited to Gurgaon for our Grand Finale
- The Grand finale will be an opportunity for the students to interact with Samsung Leadership Team
- The teams will be presenting their solutions to senior Samsung Leaders, where the winners would be adjudged & declared.
|Campus Round||16 Dec 2016 – 20 Dec 2016|
|Zonal Round||23 Dec 2016 – 5 Jan 2017|
|National Round||14 Jan 2017 – 15 Jan 2017|
1st Prize : Final year MBA students will get a pre-placement offer from Samsung. Other students will get a chance to be a Samsung Campus Ambassador. Cash prize worth ₹ 3,00,000 and a Samsung device.
2nd Prize : Final year MBA students will get a pre-placement interview offer from Samsung. Other students will get a chance to be a Samsung Campus Ambassador. Cash prize worth ₹ 1,50,000.
3rd Prize : Cash prize worth ₹ 75,000.
Other Prizes : 12 teams shortlisted from the Zonal Round will win a Samsung voucher worth ₹ 10,000.
Website: Samsung EDGE